Friday 27 January 2012

Workout Report - 1/26/2012

Pushing the pace....

I enjoyed my workout last night. I decided that I wanted to try and up my pace from all of the previous sessions and I did. Was it hard? You bet it was. I wasn't at the point where I was gasping for breath, but my heart was pounding a lot. In fact, I could have sworn that at one point it had ripped through my chest and slapped me on the head while questioning my parentage.

But, it all worked out well. I felt strong. I still had my niggling aches, but I am used to that now. In fact, I found out that my shins and ankles hurt less when I up the pace. I think I know why, when I was going for a faster cadence, I could feel myself almost gliding across the ground, not pounding it. It felt good.

Workout Location: Church Parking Lot
Rate of Perceived Exertion: 8
What worked: Running at a faster pace and a higher cadence
What could be improved: More regular stretching, my buttock was sore and has been for a few days


No comments:

Post a Comment