Sunday 22 January 2012

Goals for 2012

I mentioned in my first blog post that I have set some goals in regards to running and fitness for this year. I have decided that I will share them with you.

Pull ups: I am not able to even complete a single pull up. It is frankly embarrassing that I cannot even lift my own weight even once. Ever since I can remember, whenever I have tried to complete this exercise, I have been unable to do it. I have always felt pain in my stomach whenever I have tried this. I guess I need to strengthen my core as well as my upper body muscles. So by Dec 31, 2012 I will be able to complete 10 pull ups.

Triathlon: I have done a couple of sprint triathlons before, but I have never been happy with my times. I will finish the Casa Grande Sprint Triathlon in 1:30. I will also complete the run portion without having to take a walking break.

10k Turkey Trot: I have done the Mesa trot a couple of times. I have never done it without having to do lot of walking. My best time so far I believe is 1:12. I will do the 2012 Mesa Turkey Trot 10k without walking. A bonus goal is to complete it in 60 minutes or less.






No comments:

Post a Comment