Tuesday 24 January 2012

Workout Report - 1/24/2012

Skipping a week....

Today was my first run of the week. I didn't think I would have time to do it tonight, but the lovely wife shamed me into doing it I guess. She is right though, I need to find time to take care of my health.

As I went out fr my run, I was trying to find the correct podcast for this week. It should be week 3, but I couldn't find it. I decided to skip ahead and do week four instead. I am glad I did that. Bare with me, this is going to sound pathetic, but this weeks effort consisted of a 5 minute warm up walk, then 3 minutes of running, a 2.5 minute walk and 5 minutes of running with a rinse and repeat

When I started the workout, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do it, but as I was running I didn't feel it was a problem. The issue I had was not of a cardio nature, but my left ankle and shin was/is sore. I know it's not shin splints and its only because I need to get used to running more.

I did however, know that I had reached my limit when right at the end of the run, I could feel my heart about to burst a bit through my chest. This kind of felt as if it was coming on very suddenly. I hadn't been struggling at all up to that point.

I think tomorrow I will bike to work and see how me shin and ankle feel on Thursday. I might do a run then.

Workout Location: Church Parking Lot
Rate of Perceived Exertion: 6
What worked: Running to music and concentrating on posture
What could be improved: Pushing the pace a little more

No comments:

Post a Comment