Saturday 21 January 2012

Vibram Fivefingers Treksport Model

I was wondering what you think about the barefoot running craze/ethos? I have recently purchased a pair of the vibram Fivefingers treksport model. They feel a little strange, but I do like wearing them a lot.

We decided to get me a pair after I run/walked (mostly walked) to work. When I got to the office, my left arch was really hurting. I told the wife that I needed a new pair of running shoes. Now something to bare in mind is that i have what I call picky feet. They are ridiculously sensitive. Whenever I buy shoes, the soles have to be just right or I can't wear them as they hurt too much. With this in mind, we decided to try the five fingers and so far I really like them. It definitely takes a little while to get used to them, but I think I am getting there. I do like the fact that wearing them seems to encourage me to run more on my mid foot and ball of my foot. I have found that running seems to take a little less effort for me that way. I have also noticed hat after running, my legs are a little less sore than they are when I work out in running shoes. Have you noticed that? Do you run either barefoot or in minimal shoes? What's your opinion about them? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment