Friday 20 January 2012

Workout Report - 1/20/2012

Running with the boy.....

I went for a very short run tonight with my 4 year old son. As mentioned previously, I am following the NHS couch to 5k podcast program. I feel like a little bit of a wimp really while doing this. I actually measured this with a stop watch tonight and the whole 20+ minute workout was actually only 10mins of running with rest breaks in between.

I decided that since my 4 year old was with me that I needed to make it fun for both of us. We ended up playing games of follow the leader in time with the instructions on the podcast. So when we were supposed to run, we would run while following each other and then when it said to walk we would walk through it. I definitely feel like I could have run harder, but it was fun and that is the main thing I think.

Another reason I need to take it easy is that I am trying to get used to running and walking in Vibram FiveFingers. I bought the Treksport model and I like them a lot. Here I am signing out for now.

Workout Location: Field behind Church
Rate of Perceived Exertion: 4
What worked: Having fun with my son
What could be improved: Running Pace - although I was working out my my son, making it difficult

No comments:

Post a Comment