Wednesday 1 February 2012

Workout Report - 2/1/2012

Sunny days are here....

We have decided to institute a 20 min workout requirement everyday at work. I think that this is a great idea especially since my job involves sitting in front of a computer all day. Then i go home, hang out with the kids and once they go to bed sit in front of the computer for my schoolwork.

For my 20 minute workout today, I decided to go for my run. I work pretty close to Val Vista lakes and it is a nice area to run around.

I actually had a really big breakthrough today. During my first 5 minute run I had started pushing the pace. After a few minutes, it started to feel as if I had Mike Tyson in my chest. He was trying to escape and bite off Evander Holyfield's other ear. However, I pushed through the chest pain. I managed to get to my first walking break. I was exhausted, but it felt good. Then I had to do my next run. Surprisingly, my chest felt good and I didn't have that pain again.

However, I did get a sharp pain in my left foot arch.

Eventually, the sharp pain went away, but it didn't feel good.

Workout Location: Around Val Vista Lakes
Rate of Perceived Exertion: 8
What worked: Running during the day
What could be improved: Not forgetting my ipod

No comments:

Post a Comment