Thursday 9 February 2012

Workout Report 2/9/2012

Mental....

Today was a particularly hard workout for a number of reasons. Firstly, I have had an issue with pain in my right leg and what I believe to have been a trapped nerve. It was sending pain all down my leg and it felt as if I had fractured my right shin somehow (it hurt that much). Secondly, it was hot. I don't know if it is the hottest day of the year or not, but it is definitely the hottest weather I have run in since I started trying to get in shape again. Thirdly, I tried to run for as long as possible without taking a walking break.

How did I do? Well, I managed to run for 20 minutes straight. I am very proud of myself, prior to this, the longest I had run without a walking break was 8 minutes, so I am proud to have added on 12 minutes.

I am still trying to follow the couch to 5k podcast, but forgot my ipod at home, so I figured I would just do my own workout and I really enjoyed it.

Another thing I think I am going to do is skip ahead to week 6 in the podcast, since I can run 20 minutes without a run break, I think I am probably further ahead. The only worry I have is that I am going to injure myself or something like that (hypochondriac? Moi? How could you?)

Workout Location: Near where I work
Rate of Perceived Exertion: 7
What worked: PMA
What could be improved: Having somewhere to shower afterwards

No comments:

Post a Comment